The occupant of a house in Wickhambrook had to be treated or smoke inhalation after a bin caught alight inside the property.
Fire crews from Haverhill and Wickhambrook were called to the house in Nunnery Green at 8.04am yesterday (Thursday, Oct 3) to answer reports of a fire.
Crews arrived to find a bin had been on fire in the property but was out on their arrival.
Officers gave oxygen to one casualty suffering from smoke inhalation until an ambulance arrived.
The incident was under control at 8.22am with all crews back at their home stations by 9.22am.