A worker was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties after a chemical spillage at a meat factory near Haverhill.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge as a precaution after the incident on Tuesday at Vion Foods in Little Wratting.
Two fire engines from Haverhill and one from Bury St Edmunds, plus a command unit and a support pump for the command unit, both from ixworth, were called to the site just before 2pm having been alerted to the spillage of two chemicals.
Two cleaning agents - sodium hypochloride and phosphoric acid foam - were reported to have mixed together and caused a reaction.
The chemicals were quickly contained and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service left the site just before 4pm.
A specialist firm was then appointed by Vion to carry out the clean up.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said the Environmental Health department and the Health and Safety Executive had both been informed of the incident.
He added: “Even a small amount of the wrong chemical can be really dangerous.”