Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue (CFRS) crews from Cambridge were called to a chimney fire in Balsham Road, Hildersham, at 1.15pm on Tuesday (December 4).
Firefighters extinguished the inferno using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 3.10pm.
The cause of the blaze was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. “This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”
For all the latest news see Thursday’s (December 12) Echo.