Flood alerts for Kedington, Steeple Bumpstead and other villages
A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the Upper Stour and tributaries.
Flooding is possible for the Stour and Bumpstead Brooks and the River Stour from Kedington to Sudbury.
Low lying land and roads will be affected first and members of the public are being advised to be prepared.
River levels are likely to continue to rise as over the next four hours the forecast is for light rain, and EA is advising:
- Be prepared to protect yourself and your property.
- Keep your colleagues informed about the situation.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 03631 for up-to-date flooding information.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haverhill
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North west