Have your say on South Cambridgeshire plans in Sawston
Residents are being given the opportunity to have their say on how South Cambridgeshire should develop over the next 20 years.
The latest public consultation on the plans opened on Monday (January 7) and will run until February 18.
New options for supporting up to 30,000 new jobs being created in the district were suggested during last summer’s consultation, and this round seeks residents’ views on extra options for housing sites and where a possible community stadium could be located. One such consultation event will be held at the Spicers Pavilion in Sawston, from 2.30pm to 7.30pm on January 21.
Part of South Cambridgshire District Council’s (SCDC) consultation will be run jointly with Cambridge City Council as it looks for sites for homes and jobs on the outskirts of the city.
Views from the consultations will be used to draft development plans up to 2031, with a final consultation this summer before plans are submitted to the Planning Inspectorate at the end of the year for public examination.
Cllr Pippa Corney, SCDC cabinet member for planning policy and localism, said: “It has been great to see so many residents and businesses consulting with us on the Local Plan.
“In the summer we received over 20,000 comments, which demonstrates how passionate people feel about striking the right balance between providing for the future and protecting what makes South Cambridgeshire a special and unique place.
“Community engagement is at the heart of the Local Plan and we hope to maintain this level of involvement through the next stage of the consultation as well as to connect with even more people.
“The public events are a great chance for everyone to come along and ask questions about the options in their areas.”
Other consultations include (marked J for a joint consultation, all run from 2.30pm to 7.30pm):
– Today (Thursday, January 10 – Cambourne – The Hub, High Street (J)
– Saturday (January 12) – Trumpington Village Hall, High Street (noon – 4pm) (J)
– Monday (January 14) – Melbourn Village College, The Moor
– Tuesday (January 15) – Salvation Army Hall, Station Road
– Wednesday (January 16) – Great Shelford Memorial Hall, Wollards Lane (J)
– Friday (January 18) – North Cambridge – Meadows Community Centre, St Catherine’s Road (J)
– Tuesday (January 22) – Histon & Impington Recreation Ground, New Road (J)
– Wednesday (January 23) – Comberton Village Hall, Green End
– Thursday (January 24) – Haslingfield – Methodist Church, High Street
– Thursday (January 31) – Cottenham Village College, High Street (2.30 – 9pm)
For all the latest news see Thursday’s (January 17) Echo.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haverhill
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North west