Warm up with a spicy sandwich this February
On a cold February day there is nothing better than good ‘comfort food’ to keep out the cold and our Spicy Sandwich of the Month will help you keep warm.
The theme this month is ‘Spice Up your Life,’ and the British Sandwich Association is encouraging consumers to go to their local sandwich bar and try a spicy sandwich.
To add a little more spice to the occasion, the association is offering consumers the chance to win an Apple iPod Nano (colour of your choice) in an on-line draw during February.
To enter the free draw just visit the association’s consumer website at www.lovesarnies.com and say which sandwich retailer you think makes the best spicy sandwich in your area.
For a taster, why not try out this recipe for ‘Free-Range Roast Chicken with Sweet Chilli Salsa Sandwich’ which won John Varey the title of Sandwich Designer of the Year in 2008.
– 100g Italian style sun-dried tomato flatbread
– 70g Free-range roast Chicken
– 40g Sweet chilli salsa
– 20g Tatsoi Leaf
– 20g Mizuna Leaf
– 5g Toasted Sesame Seeds
– 6g Organic Non hydrogenated spread
– Take two slices of the square flatbread and brush the bottom slice with olive oil.
– Begin to layer the lightly buttered bottom half with the Tatsoi leaf, then the roast chicken, Mizuna leaf and more chicken. Carefully spoon on the sweet chilli salsa.
– Sprinkle lightly with toasted sesame seeds. Place on the flatbread top crust. Slice into three equal sized ribbons and enjoy.
For all the latest news see Thursday’s (February 21) Echo.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Haverhill
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North east