Haverhill bus services and how they have changed due to coronavirus
Timetable changes have been confirmed for the main regional bus services to and from Haverhill, amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis.
Stagecoach is running an enhanced Sunday timetable from Monday-Saturday across Cambridgeshire until further notice, which will apply to all the services between Haverhill and Cambridge and all park and ride routes.
Suffolk County Council (SCC) has also announced it has worked with bus operators on revised timetables, reflecting the reduced passenger numbers, government advice to isolate and reduced staffing available.
Summarised below are the most updated service changes that we have:
• 236 – Clare-Sudbury (via Halstead) – reduced frequency
• 374 – Clare-Bury St Edmunds (via Glemsford) – reduced frequency
• 14/15 – Haverhill-Bury St Edmunds – Saturday service Mon-Sat
• 16 – Newmarket-Bury St Edmunds (via Red Lodge and Mildenhall) – Saturday service Mon-Sat
• 59/60 – Haverhill to Audley End Station - normal service
A Ssuffol County Council spokeswoman said: “SCC is doing all it can to help keep vital services going for those people who must travel – our key workers and elderly and vulnerable residents.
“These changes will also help ensure there are enough members of staff to keep vital services running over the coming weeks and months.
"SCC will continue to monitor the situation with partners.”
For more information contact the providers directly, and follow updates online at suffolkonboard.com.
More by this authorSteve Barton